healthy tagged posts
These herbed fingerling or other small colorful potatoes are are so easy to make, relatively healthy compared to most mashed alternatives, and VERY delicious. Seriously, this is one of my favorite ways to make potatoes these days. The recipe is brought to you courtesy of Mariano’s Grocery Stores.Herb Fingerling Potatoes2013-11-01 17:38:32Serves 4Total Time45 minTotal Time45 minIngredients
- Fingerling or small colorful potatoes - 2 lbs, scrubbed and cut-out any bad spots
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 TBSP. chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 TBSP. minced/grated garlic
- These potatoes will probably take you about 45 mins...
We are on the verge of swimsuit season after all…Read More
December 29, 2011 Shopping Lists and Home Page Posts
No, I mean are you really planning? Well, I am.
This week, I have some extra free time as the work load outside of blogging has lessened. I know many of you are also working fewer hours this week. One of the ways that I’m making use of this extra “free” time is by researching healthy recipes that I can prepare in the new year. For example, at www.allrecipes.com they’re featuring healthier recipes right now. You can go to their website (as well as others), find recipes you might like to prepare, bookmark or print those recipes, and you’ll be a step ahead in the eating healthier plan for the new year. Simply scan the recipes for the food items needed to develop your grocery shopping lists.
I’m hoping to post healthier recipes and their corresponding grocery shopping lists here o...Read More
December 23, 2010 Corresponding Recipes
Low Fat Stove Top Mac n Cheese, Cajun Spiced Talapia, and Classically Spiced Steamed Broccoli
Serves 2 to 4 People
The Mac n Cheese
- 1/2 pound multi-grain spiral macaroni (8 oz.)
- 4 TBSP. butter, Margarine, or Smart Balance Spread (The type that works for cooking.)
- 2 eggs
- 6 oz. 2% evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. dry ground mustard
- 10 oz. 2% shredded cheese (recommended Colby jack or mild cheddar)
This recipe is based on Alton Brown’s Food Network Recipe. Alton’s recipe calls for sharp cheddar and 3/4 tsp. of dry ground mustard. My husband and I found the flavor to be too sharp. Hence, I’m recommending less ground mustard and a milder cheese be utilized.
- 1 lb. talapia fillets or other mild white fish of your choice fresh or thawed
- 2 TBSP...